Tasks and Roles:
- Tasks of Scope Manager in the Voluntary Programs and Initiatives:
- To approve the detailed report of the volunteering initiatives and communicate with officials about the voluntary Program in the sector of care and activities so as to work on volunteering plans and programs.
- To nominate and follow up the voluntary Program coordinator for each scope.
- Tasks and Duties of Volunteering Coordinator at the Scope Level:
- To coordinate voluntary programs and events at the sector level.
- To approve the initiatives and issue a special number for each initiative according to the attached initiatives numbering mechanism.
- To authenticate the voluntary programs and events at the scope level.
- To count and list the programs and events at the scope level.
- Tasks and Duties of School Principal:
- Direct Supervision of the implementation of voluntary programs and events and enabling them to follow up the results of its performance.
- Follow up and approve the plans submitted for the voluntary initiatives.
- Approve a team for each initiative.
- Approve the detailed report of each of the voluntary initiatives by the volunteering coordinator of the scope and scope manager.
- Tasks and Duties of School Volunteering Coordinator:
- To generally supervise the implementation of all the voluntary programs and events at school.
- To plan the voluntary programs and events, and file the same for approval by the school principal, then, the volunteering general coordinator in each scope.
- Encourage students, parents and teachers to take part in the voluntary programs and events and to create voluntary opportunities for students.
- Establish a volunteer club, and appoint a leader for the voluntary initiative from students to act with the supervising teacher.
- Form a teamwork for the voluntary programs and initiatives.
- Implement the forms of the voluntary programs and initiatives.
- Authenticate the initiatives and count the number of voluntary hours, the number of volunteers and apply the monthly report form.
- Upon introducing initiatives related operations, a reference shall be made to the general director of the scope or the scope manager.
- Duties of Initiative/ Event Supervisor:
- Supervise the volunteers participating in the initiative or event.
- Abide by the safety and security measures.
- Count and register volunteers and record the volunteering hours.
- Distribute tasks among volunteers.
- Follow up the volunteers through the implementation of tasks.
- Complete the event report form and the assessment form.
- File the remarks or the to the school volunteering supervisor.
- Take the initiative to help establishing an interesting environment for students and participants.
- Help the supervisor in supervising the volunteers participating in the initiatives or events.
- Help the supervisor in registering the volunteers.
- Help the supervisor in distributing tasks on volunteers.
- Help the supervisor follow up the volunteers during the implementation of their task.
- Help the supervisor in applying the event report form and the assessment form.
- School: refer to the volunteering coordinator at the scope level in case of communicating with organizations, community, service, national, security and heritage institutions, and all that are related to the UAE identity and the development of skills.
- Volunteering Coordinator at the Scope Level: Coordinate with MOE officials regarding communication with organizations, community, service, national, security and heritage institutions, and all that are related to the UAE identity and skills development, so as to enhance the cooperation and community work within the framework that ensures the best progress of educational process, within the specified timeframe and with the content that achieves continuity and efficiency.
- School Volunteering Supervisor: Spread the community awareness among students and count the programs to which the students belong so as to execute the voluntary works for students.
- Students: Students are required to declare all the programs they are participating in outside school, and shall explain the nature of the tasks and programs provided and the authorities which adopted the advice of professionals regarding their official acceptability in the state, in accordance with the definition of volunteering works, thus, stressing the importance of the volunteering works are compliant to the applicable rules and regulations. Furthermore, this highlights the fact that upon implementing any initiative in general, the public framework for the EHS and MOE management must serve as the main reference, so as to diminish all the risks related to voluntary work and to handle the same. (Ref. Volunteering Guide in Government Work Environment).
Standards of Targeted Groups according to Academic Stage:
|Type of Participation|
|1||Level One: Inside the School Framework||All stages||Organizer / Participant ||Within the plan of the school-approved voluntary Program through the volunteering supervisor|
|2||Level Two: Outside the School Framework||All Stages||According to the tasks to be specified by the MOE authorized team.||Volunteering in the MOE initiatives and events through the volunteering coordinator at the scope level|
|3||Level Three: Initiatives and Circulars (an initiative to be launched by the school and approved by MOE as an initiative that deserves to be spread and published at a higher level so that all schools would follow the lead).||All Stages||Tasks required by the initiative||Coordination between the school and MOE through the volunteering coordinator at the scope level.|
Initiatives shall be made according to the initiative implementation steps, and the time for completion may not conflict with the annual agenda.
Steps of Voluntary Initiatives:
- The one who makes the initiative shall fill in the initiative or event application form, and refer the same to the school volunteering supervisor.
- The school volunteering supervisor shall file the initiative plan, following the approval of the same by the school principal, for the volunteering general coordinator within the scope.
- The school volunteering coordinator at the scope level by shall approve the initiative and issue the initiative number through the initiatives numbering system.
- After obtaining all approvals and consents, the parent consent form shall be completed, and then, the initiative work team shall be selected.
- All the participating students shall be registered according to the volunteers list.
- An initiative leader shall be appointed and the priority shall be given to the one who made the initiative.
- A training and introductory session shall be held regarding the basics of volunteering, standards, and an introduction shall be made to the security aspects, and roles and tasks shall be assigned.
- Counting the volunteered hours, and the number of volunteers according to the hours counting mechanism.
- The initiative report shall be filed.
- Applying the form for submitting volunteering initiatives and events.
- Filling in a form for continuously counting the initiatives within the academic term.
Mechanism for Counting Volunteered Hours:
Counting Hours of Volunteers:
The actual total time of volunteering as of arrival until departure in all the actual business days shall be:
Total = number of hours a day x number of volunteered days
|Name||Time of Arrival|
Time of Departure
|No. of Hours|
|Khaled||12:00||16:00||4 hours||4 hours|
|Salem||10:30||15:30||5 hours||5 hours|
|Name||Time of Arrival|
Time of Departure
|No. of Hours|
|Khaled||8;00||13:00||5 hours||5 hours|
|Salem||9:00||11:00||2 hours||2 hours|
Total number of Khaled's hours = 4 + 5 = 9 volunteered hours. Total number of Salem's hours = 5 + 2 = 7 volunteered hours.
Total Number of Volunteered Hours in Initiative
Total number of volunteered hours = Sum of the hours of all volunteers
Number of Volunteers per Initiative:
Number of Volunteers in the initiative.
Total Number of Volunteered Hours at School:
Total number of volunteered hours in all the executed initiatives.
Number of Volunteers at School:
Total number of volunteers in the completed initiatives (without repetition).
School Initiatives and Events:
Total number of initiatives and events executed at school.
Number of Volunteered Hours Required per Series:
No. of Hours
|1||First Series||Participation in one initiative at least||Inside school framework||In the presence of a supervisor|
|2||Second Series||10 hours||Inside school or through MOE initiatives||In the presence of a supervisor to be approved by the school volunteering coordinator|
|3||Third Series ||15 hours|
10 hours inside school and through MOE initiatives
5 hours in coordination with MOE
|Inside school, to be followed up by supervisor and to be approved by the school volunteering coordinator.|
Favorable times for voluntary work: Holidays, spring, winter, summer and weekends.
Main Events: National days, Science Day, National Day, Martyr's Day and MOE initiatives.
Religious Occasions: Al Israa' Wal Mi'raj, Prophet Muhammad's Birthday (PBUH), Eid Al Fitr, Eid Al Adha, and Ramadan.
Classes for which services shall be offered: The elderly, people with determinations, orphans and poor families.
Indices for Activating the Volunteering and Community Service Programs:
The Projects, events and programs which shall directly affect the achievement of the program objectives to be applied in schools are as follows:
|Volunteering Coordinator in Scope (Index No. 1)||Responsible for the volunteering and community service programs within scope to be nominated by Scope Manager|
|School's Voluntary Program Supervisor (Index No. 2) ||One of the teachers assigned to make the planning for the voluntary programs, to refer the same to be approved by the principal and to generally supervise the implementation, counting and authentication of the same.|
|Counting the Volunteer Clubs in UAE Schools (Index No. 3)||Within the framework of student clubs in the state schools, volunteer clubs are established in each school so as to serve the voluntary Programs, projects and current events at schools, and the voluntary initiatives according to the Guide frameworks and systems.|
|Counting the Volunteer Councils in UAE Schools (Index No. 4)||This shall be made by direct interactions with volunteers, listening to their ideas and suggestions, and the development of voluntary programs and works. Also, the different issues about volunteering and community service shall be discussed, ideas and initiatives that may be applied shall be proposed and solutions for the challenges that the volunteer faces shall be provided (the council shall serve as a consultant reference for school volunteers).|
|Report on Voluntary Programs and Initiatives (Index No. 5)||A report on initiatives and voluntary programs, through which the details of all initiatives shall be authenticated and which acts as the reference for showing the school role in activating the voluntary programs.|
|Monthly Form for Counting Initiatives (Index No. 6)||This aims at counting all the initiatives for volunteering and community work at the school level per month, and then, it shall be completed by the school volunteering supervisor. |
|Professional Volunteering (Index No. 7)||A group of directed paths, through which volunteers shall be qualified and enabled for voluntary work in a specified field that is based on skills and programs obtained and successfully achieved.|
Do you find this content helpful? Yes