About the initiative:
The announcement of the initiative comes as a reflection of the Ministry of Education's vision of upgrading the educational system in the United Arab Emirates, by disseminating new and distinguished ideas and practices in the context of teaching and learning in the UAE and motivating teachers to adopt new forward-looking ideas.
This initiative originates the values of excellence and creativity up to the teacher we want, and the initiative is characterized by its design and idea that it can be applied in the educational context, whether in direct education, or distance learning, as the initiative is characterized by its sustainability through planned activities to stimulate the continuity of inspiring educational and educational thought in the Educational field and to achieve the vision of being inspiring means impact and positive change.
Our Initiative Areas:
In line with the distance and direct models of education, the initiative covers the following areas related to teaching and learning:
- Incentive configuration
- Managing student behavior in an innovative way
- An innovative teaching strategy with a positive and clear impact at all levels of study
- Evaluating student progress
- A new idea or practice related to distance learning
- Raising the efficiency of students skills, especially in 21st century skills
- Prepare for international tests
- Improving the provision of services to students
- Quality of life and well-being of the student
- Communication with parents
- Activating communication with community institutions and their services
The objectives of the initiative:
|Highlighting and motivating the leading and distinguished educational competencies in the educational field.||The percentage of teachers participating in the initiative in general.|
|Contributing to achieving national indicators in the field of education with innovative competitiveness.||Number of innovative posts submitted for the initiative.|
|Contributing to developing the education system and improving its quality in the public and private sectors.||The percentage of teachers from the public and private sectors.|
|Disseminating pioneering educational practices in the educational field that stimulate the employment of modern technology and digital solutions.||Percentage of beneficiaries from leading posts and their application.|
- Transforming the education system by pioneering innovation and creativity and spreading the spirit of competition.
-Achieving sustainability in the educational and learning distinction in a way that guarantees the participatory stimulus for creative and creative work among teachers.
|Number of innovative posts participating in the initiative.|
Who can participate:
This initiative targets all teachers working in the educational field in both government and private sectors across the United Arab Emirates.
The initiative is available to all teachers who have pioneering and distinct practices or ideas during their work in government or private schools across the United Arab Emirates. Teachers must evidence that their idea is worthy of publishing by stating how they made a difference and demonstrated excellence and leadership through their practice.
Conditions of participation:
- Participation should be characterized by originality and innovation and not previously presented in other initiatives, prizes or competitions.
- The idea must make a difference to the educational process.
- The idea should have been previously implemented in either the Emirati School or private schools.
- To contribute to achieving educational indicators dictated by the National Agenda and the Centenary of the Emirates.
- The participation should contribute to building the student's personality and his psychological, social and academic development.
- Participation employs technology and smart learning tools in the learning and teaching process.
- Participation meets the criteria for sustainability and applicability in a variety of school environments, whether direct or distance learning.
- The idea should have been implemented for at least three months and demonstrate tangible outcomes.
- The Participant can submit only one idea.
- The participation is not affiliated with any external entity or linked to any external institution.
- The work submitted to the initiative are the property of the Ministry of Education and they are entitled to publish them.
- Chosen participants must be committed to the 'Inspiring Teachers' initiative in order to achieve its goals and sustainability.
- The participation can be individually or teamwork (the number of group members shouldn’t exceed three teachers).
The stages of the initiative:
|Stage 1: 21- 6 -2020||Stage 2: 1- 9 - 2020||Stage 3:
10 - 9 - 2020||Stage 4: 24-9 -2020||Stage 5: 5 - 10 - 2020|
|Announcing the initiative, launching the advertising campaign, and opening the doors for participation||The last day to receive posts||Sorting and evaluation of participating works||End of evaluation and selection of candidates||Announcing the names of the candidates in the closing ceremony, which coincides with the teacher's day|
The initiative covers several areas related to the education and learning system with its two aspects, "direct and distance education",namely:
- incentive preparation
- innovation in student behavior management
- innovation in impactful teaching and learning strategies
- innovation in student evaluation
- innovation in distance learning
- innovation in raising the efficiency of educational outcomes (e.g. preparing for international assessment)
- innovation in improving service delivery, communicating with parents, and community service.
Teachers wishing to participate in the presentation of their initiatives should use one of the methods outlined below:
- A presentation indicating details of the idea, provided that the number of slides does not exceed five.
- A written summary of the idea (maximum 200 words) illustrating the idea and how it meets the criteria of the initiative.
- Visual photography (recorded video) no more than 5 minutes, observing the following conditions:
- Accuracy and clarity of the content
- Clarity of the idea, sequence and flow
- Voice clarity and language accuracy
- Observe the rules and instructions of photography in force in the United Arab Emirates (e.g. official clothes, not to show people without prior approval, the evidence for the initiative applied is clear).
*Note that the deadline for submitting the application is 1st September 2020 and no participation will be accepted after this date. If the participant meets the criteria of the initiative and is recommended by the panel, they will be awarded the 'Inspiring Teacher Award'.
The mechanism for selecting distinct ideas:
Distinguished ideas are chosen according to the points distribution for each of the following criteria determined by the Committee:
- The method or mechanism of application with an indication of the role of learners
- Evaluation of the idea and measure the impact on students
Registration form available from this link
Arbitration will take place through the distribution of points to each of the following criteria which must be met by participation:
- Planning the idea and its strategic dimension
- The method or mechanism for
implementing the initiative
- The role of students
- The impact of the idea and its results on students
A date will be set for the interviews, either face-to-face or remotely
For more information, please contact the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you find this content helpful? Yes