REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS STARTING IN GRADE 9 WILL OPEN 28TH FEBRUARY 2020
where science and engineering meet management, business and food
Are you curious about the process of developing and making new food products? Can you imagine yourself working in a lab or in a production facility? Do you see yourself as an inspector or maybe as the founder of an innovative food-related startup? The Food Science and Inspection Academy offers you the opportunity to enter a fast-changing industry with virtually thousands of job and business options to choose from. We enhance students’ scientific expertise alongside business skills to teach them how to analyse food-related issues and make a profit from the results.
What will I study?
During the course of the Academy, as a student, you
will gain an understanding of:
- The fundamental science behind food and nutrition, which will help you understand how the different elements link together.
- Processes and engineering involved in food production, which will help you develop new and innovative products.
- Marketing and business in food-related industries, which will help you market and sell their product.
- Food Safety and Inspection, which will help you ensure rules and regulations are followed.
- Culinary Skills, which will help you gain an understanding of skills required when selecting future chefs in the industry.
We combine theoretical knowledge with practical skills. In
our state-of-the-art facilities, our students learn to use key technical skills
through sensory evaluation and laboratory-based practical sessions
Food Science and Nutrition||
|Creative Design and Innovation|| || |||||
We want our graduates to have as many doors open as possible, and not only in the food-related industries. That's why we offer a unique combination of the General Stream School Leavers' Certificate with the addition of applied knowledge about food science, business and inspection. Graduates will also receive extra qualifications such as First Aid. The Food Science and Inspection Academy allows our students to leave their options open and choose a future based on their interests. Our students may go on to:
- work in a company or start their own business;
- work in a lab, in the inspection directorate, or in an engineering facility;
- work in food and beverage industries;
- or, continue their studies at any university which accepts the general stream school leavers certificate.
We are working with Universities such as UAEU to ensure that
the knowledge learnt through our Academy better prepares our students to study
at further and higher education level.
Students will not only gain professional industry experience
but will also develop skills that are transferable to any industry. For example:
budgeting and finances, professionalism, time management, independent learning,
creativity and collaboration and analysis skills, amongst several others.
Schools will be opening in Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah and Abu
Dhabi, the exact school will be listed here in February 2020.
If you are interested in joining this academy and will be in
Grade 9 in September 2020, please complete the form below.
Full registration will open 28th February 2020,
interviews will take place week commencing 8th March 2020 and confirmations
will be sent on 23rd March 2020.