Admission Key Dates
All applicants who are currently enrolled in the study (Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate) and wish to transfer to the Ministry's Scholarship must apply via this category link if all conditions are met.
Admission Key Dates for the academic year 2023 - 2024
Admission Key Dates for Spring 2023
|Service Name||Opening Date||Closing Date|
|Admission to the Ministry of Education Scholarship Program for the Spring 2023||October 03, 2022||November 04, 2022|
|Deadline for completing all applications for the Spring 2023|
November 18, 2022
|Only completed applications will be processed after November 04, 2022 |
|Last date to announce the final admission decisions for the Spring 2023||November 28, 2022 |
Note: Students who wish to apply to the MOE scholarship program and will graduate from their current degrees after the admission deadline of Spring 2023, need to apply for the following admission cycle. Dates for the said admission cycle will be announced later on the MOE website.
Admission Key Dated for Fall 2023
|Service Name||Opening Date||Closing Date|
|Admission to the Ministry of Education Scholarship Program for the academic year 2023/2024||December 19, 2022||March 31, 2023|
|Deadline for completing all applications for the academic year 2023/2024||April 21, 2023 |
|Only completed applications will be processed after March 31, 2023 |
|Last date to announce the final admission decisions for the academic year 2023/2024||May 31, 2023 |
1. Students seeking admission at the MOE scholarship program must meet the below general requirements:
2. Must be a UAE national. (Holder of UAE passport and family book)
3. Must not have received another full scholarship from any other entity within the UAE or outside UAE.
4. Must obtain a 'Certificate of Good Conduct' from appropriate official authorities in UAE.
- Must obtain unconditional academic acceptance in a specialization, university, and country specified by the Ministry of Education. The unconditional academic acceptance should state the start date, end date and the total cost of the degree program. The following academic acceptance offers will not be considered:
- Academic Admissions with a program and/or university are not listed on the MOE approved list (The list of universities and study programs is updated every academic year in October, therefore; we advise to check the list during the registration period or in case of advance planning, the applicant should look for the highest ranked programs and universities on the MOE list)
- Academic Admissions to study Foundation Year in "INTO Manchester"
- Academic Admissions with CO-OP/Training
- Admission Admissions to study English Language
- Academic Admissions that include a qualifying/bridging program before the degree to be studied, for example "Pre-Master"
- Academic Admissions missing the program name (in such case, the provision of the exact program and the link to the program from the university website – where to be studied – is required)
To choose the Academic Program based on the approved MOE List including Ranking, University, and Country of Study, you can search the table here
* These conditions are not applicable for:
- Berklee College of Music in USA for Music Programs
- Newcastle University and Queen Mary University of London in UK only for Medicine Programs
6. Must obtain equivalency or certification, as appropriate, of previous academic qualification(s) from the Equivalency Department of the Ministry.
7. Must satisfy the minimum period of regular enrolment to study abroad through actual presence in the targeted University, as advised by the Equivalency Department of the Ministry.
8. Must submit a 'Certificate of Medical Fitness' from the appropriate official authorities in UAE. (The medical form is available online with the application form and it can be filled and stamped by any governmental hospital/medical center in UAE)
9. Must pass a Personal Interview as an important step of the admission process
10. Must submit a certificate of completion/release/deferment from the National Service (This condition applied for male applicants).
11. Must sign an acknowledgment to adhere to the bylaws, regulations, and instructions of the Ministry of Education and any related other pledges required by the ministry after the scholarship is awarded.
12. Employed applicants must obtain an official letter to grant a study leave from the employer stating the duration of study, mode of study (full time/part time), and the type of the leave granted (paid/unpaid). (The Employment form is available online with the application form to reupload once it is filled and signed by the employer)
13. Must apply for a scholarship to study a degree higher than his/her current academic qualification. An applicant cannot apply for a scholarship to study a degree that he/she earns already.
14. Must not apply if with a previous cancellation of a scholarship, regardless of the reason. This applies to all kinds of scholarship, either from the Ministry or from any other
Students enrolled in study and interested in applying to study abroad
- Must meet the scholarship general conditions (Section 1).
- Must complete one full academic year (with a minimum of 30 credit hours or equivalent) obtaining no less than very good or equivalent as an overall evaluation.
- Must have achieved no less than 75% of approved transferred credit hours.
- In case a student has transferred from another university:
- For applicants transferring from a university abroad, the university must rank within the top 400 overall according to the MOE approved list.
- For applicants transferring from a university within the UAE, the university must rank within the top 1000 overall according to the MOE approved list.
- Must meet the conditions for undergraduate studies in Section 2.
- Must meet the conditions for graduate studies Section 3.
General Documents for all applicants:
Copy of the following documents:
· A valid passport with the page of the unified number
· Full family book
· UAE identity card
· Unconditional academic acceptance stating the total cost of the study program, start and end dates.
· The previous academic qualifications and academic transcripts, along with a copy of Equalization Certificate issued by the Ministry of Education
· The English language Certificate with required scores
· Explanatory letter stating the applicant's activities, work, and study during the period from the date of previous qualification until the date of scholarship submission
· Certificate of Medical Fitness
· Certificate of Good Conduct
· Certificate of completion/release/deferment from the National Service
· Certificate from applicant's Bank in UAE stating the applicant's account and IBAN number (after obtaining final approval)
· Certificate of community participation (if available) (volunteering, initiatives, etc.)
For High School Graduates (in addition to the general documents):
For Postgraduate Students (in addition to the general documents):
- Certificate of GRE-Quantitative Score
- A Statement of Purpose Letter
- Two Reference Letters
- Updated CV
Students Enrolled in Study and interested in applying to study abroad (in addition to the general documents):
- A Proof of Enrollment at the university along with a transcript that includes all completed courses
- A letter from university stating the regularity of study, courses/credit-hours required for graduation
For employees (in addition to the general documents):
- A Study Leave from the employer including:
- Degree and specialization
- Duration of the study program
- Study mode (full time or part time)
- Study Leave type (paid or unpaid)
- Study Leave period compatible with the duration and type of study.
Elite Scholarship Students
1. The applicant shall be classified for an Elite Scholarship if the following conditions apply:
a. Must obtain unconditional academic acceptance in a specialization, university, and country specified by the Ministry of Education.
b. The university that provides the unconditional academic acceptance must be ranked within the top 20 universities for the concerned specialization according to the MOE approved list.
2. After satisfying all admission requirements, students who meet the elite scholarship criteria mentioned in clause (1) of this Article may be exempted in the following items:
a. Undergraduate studies requirements in points (4), (5), (6) & (7) in section 2.
b. Graduate studies requirements in points (2), (3), (5) & (6) in section 3.
Selection Process for Scholarship Students
1. Limited scholarships are available annually.
2. The above conditions are the minimum eligibility requirements for scholarship submission and meeting these conditions does not guarantee the selection of the applicant.
3. Applicants are selected based on a differential process that takes into consideration many factors, such as the academic background of the applicant, the admission offers the applicant has provided, the level of the university and the need for the specialization to be studied, the outcome of the personal interview, in addition to other factors
4. The scholarship application must be submitted not later than the admission deadline announced on the Ministry of Education website, and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
5. Applicant is allowed to only submit one application during each admission cycle.